Central Coast Lavender Farm and Apothecary is a Paso Robles based health and beauty company. Founded in 2006 as a modern day lavender farm, distillery and apothecary, our products are medicinally focused and remedy based. CCL products are thoughtfully created and fueled by the healing power of botanicals and herbs. At Central Coast Lavender we seek balance between functionality and indulgence throughout our entire product line.
Central Coast Lavender apothecary products are crafted in small batches in our manufacturing lab. With a strong commitment to luxury, only the highest quality ingredients go into our products. That means no drying sulfates, harsh parabens, or harmful fragrances. We believe that products should be both mindful and luxurious without compromise.
The chemicals that make common commercial products function are often bad for both your body and the environment. The cosmetics industry pours vast amounts of these chemicals into their personal care products because, to date, there is little or no required testing, monitoring of health effects, or even labeling requirements to prevent them from doing so and the general public is often unaware of their usage entirely.
Central Coast Lavender's goal is to provide our customers with the safest alternatives to the harmful chemicals used in most cosmetics. By producing our products in small batches we can ensure that only the highest quality ingredients are used. We are continually researching and adding to our ingredient list making sure we are using the best and latest green alternative ingredients we can.
Below are just a few of the harmful chemicals used in cosmetic production opposite some of the healthy alternatives that are used in Central Coast Lavender's apothecary’s products:
Harmful Sulfates (surfactants)
Sodium Laureth Sulfate and Sodium Lauryl Sulfate,which are used as surfactants “lather agents” in most shampoos, are known skin and eye irritants as well as an environmental contaminant. Not only are they harmful but extremely drying to the hair and skin and sadly found in most cosmetic products on the market today because they are an inexpensive ingredient and make mass production cheaper. Consumers have become accustom to “suds” in their cleansers.
Naturally Derived Surfactants
CCL uses the following surfactant in our shampoos:
- Decyl glucoside and Sodium lauroyl lactylateare made from a reaction between a natural plant oil and a natural plant sugar that has been used for many years in the food industry and more recently in personal care.
- Polyglucosides (Sodium Lauryl Glucose Carboxylate and Lauryl Glucoside) are derived from natural, renewable raw materials and are biodegradable. These natural surfactants are made from the reaction between coconut/palm oil and starch/sugar.
- Decyl Glucoside, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cocamide MIPA,Disodium Laureth Sulfosuccinate, and Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate make up our blend of naturally sourced surfactants which are mild, made from renewable raw materials and are biodegradable.
- Phthalates (synthetic fragrances)
- Phthalates, DBP, DEP, DEHP, DMP are endocrine disruptors, because they mimic the body’s hormones and have, in laboratory animal tests, been shown to cause reproductive and neurological damage. Most often used to create fragrances in cosmetic products.
All Natural Fragrances
CCL distills it's own organic lavender essential oils and only uses all natural steam distilled essential oils of other botanics which are not extracted using propylene glycol, ensuring high grade oils that impart healthy benefits and leave a wonderful scent in all our products.